3.82m (incl. rocket launchers)
|Top speed||40 km/h|
|Weapons||Breda 43/75mm anti-armor cannon|
150mm rocket launcher x5
|Appearances||June: Retaking Yuell|
September: Retaking Roendahl
The Geirolul is the tank used by General Audrey Gassenarl, commander of the rebel armored corps.
The Geirolul, is in appearance, a red/gold version of the A-model Type 36 medium tank. It features five 150mm rocket launchers in addition to the 75mm main gun. The rockets deliver a 6.5 kg payload and make up for lack of accuracy with their area effect. Some think Audrey chose this as her personal tank due to the sound of its rockets launching and the sight of them descending from the heavens, reminding her of the wrath of god.
- The Geirolul can launch rockets that deal damage over an entire area. The only way to avoid damage is to move units inside structures or to take cover in trenches. These rockets do not deal damage to Rebel units or Lavinia's tank.
- The Geirolul's rocket battery appears based on the M40 recoilless rifles of the American M50 "Ontos" tank, mounted in a style resembling the M4 Sherman "Calliope", with hints of the German Nebelwerfer and Wanderung Stuka.
- The tank weighs almost twice as much as the base machine; in real life, such radical increases in weight were far too much for the machine to handle, often requiring enlargement by adding more roadwheels or creation of a new machine entirely.
- The supposed reason behind Audrey's use of the tank - in particular, the rocket launchers - is likely a reference to the Katyusha multiple rocket launcher, known by German troops as the Stalinorgel (lit. "Stalin's Organ").
- The Geirolul appears, like other bosses, in certain non-story missions in a different color, while other bosses get a red alternate appearance for these appearances, the Geirolul becomes mainly black. This is because it needed to look visually different. In this black paint scheme, it is much tougher, sometimes requiring multiple radiator shots with the Valholl SP B to kill it.
- Unlike the Echidna's immense rockets, the Geirolul's tiny 6.5 kg warhead rockets would fail to do damage over the entire map, therefore it is likely that they only do so for gameplay reasons.
- The Geirolul can launch a barrage on its own area, but the animation will still show it firing its rockets into the distance.
- Geirolul is the name of a Valkyrie in Norse mythology.
|Valkyria Chronicles 2 Vehicles|
|Gallian Vehicles||APC | Gallian Warship | Type 36|
|GRA Vehicles||APC | Dandarius | Geirolul | Perkunas | Supply Vehicle | Type 36|
|Other Vehicles||Ghost Tank|