|Birth Date||c.1899 (Aged 38 by 1937)|
|Affiliation||Kingdom of Fhirald|
|Role||Leader of the Southern Gallian Invasion|
|Unit Class||Boss (Lupus)|
Valkyria Chronicles Anime
Valkyria Chronicles 3
Radi Jaeger (ラディ・イェーガー Radi Yēgā?) is originally from the Kingdom of Fhirald which was taken over by the Empire in the First Europan War (E.W.I). He commands the heavy tank Lupus. He is voiced by Akio Ohtsuka in the Japanese version and Patrick Seitz in the English version.
One of Maximilian's Drei Stern generals, the thirty-six year old Radi is a bit of a joker who puts an emphasis on chivalry in battle and respects those who do the same. Jaeger does not fight for the Empire out of loyalty, but rather to help his own country gain independence. He commands a customized tank named Lupus as leader of the invasion forces' elite armored unit.
Previously a general for his homeland, the kingdom of Fhirald, until it was lost in an Imperial invasion in EW1, to which he himself also fell prisoner. Freed by Maximilian, he agreed to lend the young commander his keen eye for strategy in exchange for a promise that Fhirald would be restored its autonomy. Decisive and level-headed, he ascribes to a knightly code of honor that has him show respect even to his foes. He often faces Gregor across the chessboard.
Expanded Biography (VC3)Edit
Jaeger is one of Maximilian's "Drei Stern" and is a famed officer who shows respect to all who deserve it, allies and enemies alike. Jaeger's success on the battlefield is rooted in his ability to calmly assess any situation.
Jaeger hails from a kingdom called Fhirald, which was destroyed by the Empire. True to his unique ways, Maximilian noted Jaeger's superior skills and invited the talented general to join his forces. Jaeger's military proewess is widely known, and he has a particular strength of spirit that has won the trust of his men. While he and Dahau do not mention it, it is clear that they have a silent but mutual respect for one another.
Jaeger had fought through many battles, hoping that he would one day have a chance to rebuild Fhirald. He was defeated at Vasel City by Squad 7 of the Gallian Militia but did not return to Maximilian. Instead, he simply walked away from it all and his current whereabouts are unknown.
Attacking as Lupus or Lupus Regnum
- "Come in all units. Show 'em what you got! All units, fire!" (All Units Attack)
- "Come in all units. Aim carefully now. Try to take 'em down in one shot!" (All Units Aim)
- "Come in all units. Keep moving around! Don't give 'em a steady target!" (All Units Evade)
- Jaeger fights for his homeland rather than his leader, is heavily associated with tanks, and is treated as an honorable man who happens to be on the wrong side. He's thus almost certainly based on the legendary German Field Marshal Erwin Rommel.
- Jaeger is the only antagonist of Valkyria Chronicles not killed during the course of the plotline; following his defeat while commanding the improved Lupus Regnum, he walks away from the battlefield and is never seen again.