|Birth Date||c.1908 (Aged 29 by 1937)|
|Role||Gallian army personnel|
- "Despite this, I still intend to live and die for my master."
- —Shin Hyuga, Valkyria Chronicles 3
Shin was born in a land far to the East, beyond even the borders of the Empire, to a native father and a Gallian mother. Following his mother's death Shin began a month-long journey to Gallia itself, soon after which war broke out and he volunteered for service in the Militia. Using the customs of his homeland, Shin has sworn fealty to Gallia's "lord," Princess Cordelia, believing that her orders are absolute, regardless if it means his own death.
After refusing to follow the orders of his Militia commanders, he was sent to serve as one of the Nameless. While his personal code of loyalty sometimes interfered with Kurt's command decisions, following an intense forest battle with Imperial forces he comes to realize the loyalty inherent in his comrades.
- "A stereotypical Eastern warrior who lives according to the ideals of Bushido."
- —VC3 COMPLETE ARTWORKS Description
Shin is a black-haired young man who was born from the union of a traveling Gallian merchant and the woman he met in a nation to the Far East. After his mother's death, Shin and his father immigrated to Gallia. Full of Eastern valor, Shin joined the Gallian Militia but was transferred to Nameless because he wasn't a pure Gallian.
Shin comes off as serious and stubborn, so most people don't bother trying to talk to him. He rarely speaks and is conservative and standoffish, which doesn't help his case. Still, Shin does have a more sensitive side to seasons and the beauty of nature. He is grateful to Gallia for accepting him and his father when they immigrated from their homeland, and Shin intended to swear fealty to Cordelia. Annika took a liking to Shin because of the way he dedicates himself to his training.
After Nameless was disbanded, Shin took Gloria's advice and left Gallia to work as a guard for a ragnite merchant in another nation.
- Heart's Eye - Accuracy and evasion may be boosted upon selection.
- Walking One's Own Path - When no allied units are nearby, evasion may be boosted.
- Born in a Foreign Land - Unfamiliar metal or stone terrain may cause a loss in concentration, lowering anti-personnel damage.
- Loyalty - Accuracy and defense may be raised when nearby allied units. Obtained after completing the Extra Chapter True Loyalty.
In Valkyria Chronicles 3, all characters share the same set of battle potentials for each and every unit classes. For the list of battle potentials, see Potentials in Valkyria Chronicles 3.
Killing a foe
Healed by Ragnaid
Rescuing an Ally
Revived by Medic
- Shin's grounds for Namelessness was a transfer from the Gallian Militia to Nameless for breach of military regulations (in truth, he was transferred just for having foreign blood).
- Shin's hairstyle and clothes seem reminiscent of the Shinsengumi, a group of samurai that were active during the final days of the Tokugawa Shogunate.
- His name and appearance are coincidentally similar to Shin Hyuga Shaing from the anime CODE GEASS: Akito the Exiled.
|Core Members||Imca | Kurt | Riela|
|Members||Ada | Alfons | Amy | Annika | Cedric | Clarissa | Deit | Elliot | Felix | Frederica | Gisele | Giulio | Gloria | Ilmari | Leila | Margit | Serge | Shin | Valerie | Zahar|
|Tank Commanders||Carisa | Gusurg|
|Others||Antonio | Nameless Tank | Ramsey|
|Extras||Aika | Aliasse | Alicia | Anisette | Audrey | Avan | Baldren | Cosette | Edy | Eleanor | Fina | Homer | Hubert | Isara | Jann | Juliana | Largo | Leon | Lynn | Marina | Maximilian | Nagisa | Radi | Rosie | Selvaria | Susie | Valkyria Riela | Vyse | Welkin | Zeri|